1. Drink Plenty of Water– It is possible to drink too much water. How do you know? When you are thirsty, choose water, and keep it simple. Too little may cause dehydration, headaches and muscle cramps.
2. Breath– Find time in your day to notice your breath. In the shower, at red lights, waiting in line, in times of emotional discomfort or when you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Follow your breath. Inhale (through your nose) into your belly, out into your rib cage and up into your shoulders. Exhale from your mouth effortlessly.
3. Move Your Body-Walking, swimming and yoga are ideal exercises during pregnancy. Be sure to talk with your doctor or midwife before starting any new exercise routine.
4. Take Time For Yourself-Growing a baby takes energy! Find ways, you love and enjoy, to replenish your energy reserves and renew your spirit.
5. Listen to Your Body-Be present in your body to physical sensation and to your inner thoughts and intuition. Within us is an innate inner wisdom, let it guide you. Yoga can help, when we practice yoga we grow a deeper connection with every aspect of ourselves and learn to listen to our body.